Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Been dead ever since"

Those who know me are aware that Noah John Rondeau, The Hermit Of Cold River, has been a long time hero of mine. Some may see Bill Gates, one of the world's richest men, as a hero, but I'll stick with those that are rich in more spiritual ways..
It's Sunday, and the weather outside is unfit for man or beast, so I thought it might be a good day for a good read..
This comparison of two unlikely compatriots, might fill the bill...

From the writings of The Airondack Museum...

Noah John Rondeau..

Enjoy a relaxing Sunday..

2 comments:

  1. 25 years ago, I went looking for Cold River in a canoe with my young wife in the bow. We paddled down the lake from the bridge over Route 30 and I scrambled out of the boat "looking for signs." Since we had used up quite a bit of energy and daylight, I soon had to return to the boat for what turned out to be a tough paddle against the wind all the way. When we were nearly home, a seaplane nearly cut us in half taking off.

    My wife resumed speaking to me last year ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael,
    The old hermitage can be found by taking the State Trail out of Long Lake, out near Shaw's Pond.. My wife and I started down it on more than one occasion, but never made it..

    ReplyDelete