Friday, May 16, 2008

The slow to mature Gordon!

Is there any other kind??

When I put Holly on the ground, I don't know who will show up... My four year old Derby dog, or the fully broke (well, almost) gundog I know she can be.
Going on five, she's still somewhat inconsistent on pigeons, and it's certainly because she knows the game so well. Bird work, and especially work with pigeons, can be overdone, so I've backed off a bit on putting down pigeons. But, I love to work dogs. I get to work with dogs that belong to other folks, but, I like to work my own best of all...
Due to bum knees, Holly hasn't gotten as much opportunity to hunt, or hunt as long, as her predecessors. This is my failing, and not hers.. In any case, she's still a helluva little dog, and folks think highly of her...

Maybe it's time for my last pup...

No comments:

Post a Comment