Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Time for a Quote

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth



How can you tell a dog person??
By the muddy pawprints on otherwise clean jeans...
By the hair that adorns one's clothes at a wedding or other formal affair...
By the drool or "eye gook" wiped across one's T shirt...
By the rope burns from a checkcord around the ankles...

Or, just by the happy and contented look on a real dogman's face, not caring a whit about the other distractions that bother others...

2 comments:

  1. I like that, Bill. The older I get, the less I care what anyone other than my dogs thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts Dave!

    I feel the same way....

    ReplyDelete