Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Imbibing..


While I'm a prudent alcohol user by choice, I consume even less during the hot summer months, because it just tends to make me feel hotter.
But, after a few rounds of clay targets, we have often gone to a local tavern for a drink or two..
I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore, so what I often order this time of year is a Vodka & Tonic, over crushed ice in a tall glass.. What my dear departed friend Eddie used to call a glacier. And, a glacier is what it looks, and sometimes tastes like.
I eschew the Gin & Tonic, because I have not been able to drink Gin since overindulging as a crazy teenager.
So, while I would never think to promote the use of alcohol to anyone, if used in moderation, as with all things, an occasional V&T on a hot summer afternoon can be just what the Doctor ordered for the body, mind and spirit...

No comments:

Post a Comment