Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Current events.. Doggie Style


First, I'd like to wish all our readers a Happy and Healthy New Year... Ringing in the New Year is not a joyous occasion for me.. I consider it just another day on the calendar.. but it does bring hope for new awakenings and better things to come.

Now, to the topic at hand. I'm not one much given for posting comments on current events, but this one is just so meaningful and heartwarming that I feel the need to draw attention to it.
A young lad in Alaska was saved from a cougar attack by his year and a half old Golden Retriever... Not much more than a puppy. The dog nearly lost it's life in defense of his friend and master. I get a bit misty eyed when I see the dog's picture, think of what happened and could have happened and once again realize the relationship between Man and Dogs... The unflinching loyalty and protection we get from our canine friends. I never cease to marvel at the depth of it!

For those that have not seen or read the story, here, and here is the account of this awe inspiring occurrance.. To make things even more surreal, the Golden's name???

Angel!

Enjoy your day..

No comments:

Post a Comment