Monday, November 30, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends..

Regular readers may recall my post about the downrange DR-16 wad and my troubles in getting good crimps from it. The center section appears too soft, with not enough stiffness to offer good crimps once the compression area "breaks".
Well, thanks to the efforts of two online friends, who are very accomplished reloaders and students of the art, my fat is once again pulled from the fire.
The hull is the el-cheapo Remington Game Load (black hull), the powder Green Dot with a mild primer (Win 209) and the aforementioned DR-16 wad with 3/4 ounce of lead.
Factory perfect crimps are the norm with the wad just seated on the powder, and is this load ever a sweetheart to shoot for practice in the 7 pound RBL..

The DR-16's are once again down off the shelf where I feared they would reside for the hereafter..

So, to these two fellas, and if they read this they will know who they are... I thank you, my wallet thanks you... and my "achy breaky" shoulder thanks you!

No comments:

Post a Comment