Sunday, July 6, 2008

Music to Soothe the Savage Beast

J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Probably the most prolific composer of the baroque style..




Wales is known as "The Land of Song", and music runs through my veins. Whenever i go back and do pub crawling with my cousin Alan, invariably some gentleman, or group of gentlemen, will suddenly break into song. Down at a pub in "lower town", a border collie was even encouraged to sing my his master and friends.. It all makes one feel quite at home and at peace with oneself.
In any event, for some time now I have been listening to a program on NPR called "Sunday Morning Baroque". I love classical music from the Baroque Period, and thoroughly enjoy the harpsichord as utilized by J.S. Bach, pictured above.
While I generally disagree with NPR on politics and alot of the commentary, most of the musical programming is great...
Check the listings of your local NPR broadcaster, and give Sunday Morning Baroque a listen.. It might just make a convert out of you also.

Check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment