Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fine gear.... for a cheap shotgun


My J. Purdey & Sons "London Best" cleaning rod for cleaning my Japanese SxS.. That's the story of my life! I like the finer things in life, but often can't afford them.
In reality, this beautiful cleaning rod was a gift (re-gift) from a close friend a few years back.
A few of us that shot clay birds and hunted deer together for many years used to exchange gifts, usually liquor as we always knew it would be used, around Christmas. One member of the group, who was not a shopper, would generally give gifts that had been given him that he had no use for. That's how I came into possession of this lovely cleaning rod and accessories.
My SKB 280 loves it, and it always breaks a few more targets with clean bores from the J. Purdey rod...

No comments:

Post a Comment