Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holly's Diagnosis


There once was a girl,
with a cute little curl,
right in the middle of her forhead...

When she was good,
she was very, very good,
but when she was bad she was horrid....



Origin unknown.. at least to me. A little ditty that my dear Mother used to recite quite often.. I thought it applied to holly the puppy quite well.





Holly, the young Gordon, has been limping a bit upon rising for a few weeks.. Two successive snap tests showed no tick borne illnesses to treat..
This morning, my wife took Holly to work with her at the Vet Hospital, for a more comprehensive check-up.
X-rays of right shoulder and elbow show some arthritis creeping in already. Damn!! This little dog is only 5 1/2 years old, and just coming into her own.. These genetic diseases are taking their toll on our dogs earlier and earlier.. Yes, I suppose she's middle aged for a Gordon, but still too young for arthritis..
She can certainly still motor once she works the kinks out, which doesn't take long, but it's the beginning, and I don't like it!

So, this will enter into decision on when the newest, and maybe last puppy will be arriving at the BnT home..

Stay tuned for future developments..

2 comments:

  1. Bill, Give Holly my best. I have some arthritis in my neck. I'm 5 1/2 in dog years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww c'mon, Lars...

    Yer older n' that....LOL

    ReplyDelete